Sunday, November 18, 2012

Recovery Update


We remain SNYDERSTRONG!

Sorry for the delay in an update.  As you can imagine, I've been a little tired!  But, thanks to Bob and Nancy who spent most of last night with Christian, I am rejuvenated!

Onto the update...

Since surgery, Christian has been in the progressive care unit (sort of between ICU and regular recover).  He never needed ICU!  In all honestly, from the moment I first saw him after surgery (midnight Friday), he looked great...like himself!  The only exception of course being all the tubes and machines he's hooked to.

He has made incredible progress since surgery:
  • Yesterday, he spent time sitting up in a chair a couple times.
  • Today he was able to take a brief stroll around the floor.
  • Most recent, he graduated from his ice chip diet to liquids (juice, broth, etc.).  He's so happy about this!
  • His pain is minimal.  The fact he was able to get an epidural is a praise and has helped manage any pain (and not have the side effects of other meds).  
  • His kidney is working well, drainage tube is showing less output.  
  • He did run a fever, which is common after major surgery, but is fine now.
  • His incision seems to be healing nicely, bandages are off (he kind of likes to show it off)

He's made so much great progress, that he's being moved to a regular recovery room!  GOD IS GOOD!The best thing to report, in my opinion, is that Christian is in fact SNYDERSTRONG!  He is determined to to whatever is in his control to heal!  


THE NEXT STEP
Pathology is expected to come back Tuesday or Wednesday, then we'll know what we are dealing with and how it can be treated.  We continue to pray for a miracle!   

VISITING INFO
As you can imagine, it's been a little difficult getting rest considering interruptions by nurses and hospital staff, beeping monitors, etc.  However, moving to a regular recovery room should be more quiet.  Christian welcomes visitors here at the hospital and when we are back home recovering.  

If you want to visit here at the hospital, it'd be great if you could arrange it in advance with me by sending me a text (317.796.0814) or email (snyderkeri@yahoo.com).  Once I have a better picture of what recovery at home will look like, and what kind of help I may need to ask for, I may put together a visiting calendar to help coordinate.  I didn't realize my hubby was so popular!

There will be a meal calendar too.

Thanks, again, for all your support and prayers!  At this rate, I think I could write thank you cards for about a week straight!

Love,keri


"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalms 118:24





No comments:

Post a Comment