Wednesday, November 21, 2012

News to be thankful for

I was praying that I'd have something big to be thankful for around the Thanksgiving table tomorrow. Well, I'm happy to report that I indeed do!

As doctors were making their routine evening rounds, we received an unexpected visit from the surgeon and two other doctors assigned to Christian.  The surgeon informed us the pathology was back.  It is not adrenal or renal, but LeioMyoSarcoma (LMS).  And the surgeon seemed pleased by this result, saying it was probably better than renal, as well as Christian's oncologist he reached on the phone whose reply was something like, "that's great!" from what I could here.

I can't tell you much about LMS only having learned about it tonight, except that it's rare, but very treatable.  Of course we'll be consumed with research in the coming days.


We still have a long road ahead, but a better road.

More info to come, but I wanted to get the word out ASAP so we can give thanks together tomorrow!  God has certainly answered prayer!

I'll let you know when he's discharged.  It'll probably be Thursday or Friday.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful news!!!!

    Goodness me, so much to be thankful for. We are grateful for your strength and steadfastness and faith. We love you all!!!

    Angela & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that. You're in our thoughts. See you in December! Jill & crew

    ReplyDelete