Friends,
With the support of Keri and my mom, I met with Dr. Rick Bihrle [pronounced BERL] (Surgeon - IU Cancer Center Urology) this afternoon. He seems a sound Dr., very logical discussion. His plan is to review my CT with his go-to radiologist, giving him no details on the patient. There is little expectation of a benign situation given the lung spots based on his views. Given this, he is hoping for Lymphoma as the best outcome, although not the anticipated outcome. He is expecting a Renal issue.
He says he doesn't want to operate first if there is a chance of Lymphoma. If Lymphoma, they would start chemotherapy immediately. In his other three scenarios (in order of best case) - renal cancer, sarcoma, adrenal cancer (this one sounds like bad news), operating would be the immediate course of action. Again, he is reviewing with his radiologist fella and should call me tomorrow. They might order an MRI or maybe a needle biopsy. I also asked if I have the right Oncologist.....if I were his son.....I even showed him pictures of Lily and Luke....) He is going to review my case with Dr's Ted Logan and Noah Hahn of IU Cancer Center.
The adrenal blood work essentially sounded normal - testosterone was a touch low....I am almost 40....)
This is difficult information to consume, but to Dr. Bihrle's point, I have to keep a strong frame of mind and help my body to be as healthy as possible to accept treatment....I even got a 1/2 hug from Dr. B. Not sure if that is good or bad.
Thanks for you help!!!! I will take whatever you have.
I will beat it for my family.
Christian
With the support of Keri and my mom, I met with Dr. Rick Bihrle [pronounced BERL] (Surgeon - IU Cancer Center Urology) this afternoon. He seems a sound Dr., very logical discussion. His plan is to review my CT with his go-to radiologist, giving him no details on the patient. There is little expectation of a benign situation given the lung spots based on his views. Given this, he is hoping for Lymphoma as the best outcome, although not the anticipated outcome. He is expecting a Renal issue.
He says he doesn't want to operate first if there is a chance of Lymphoma. If Lymphoma, they would start chemotherapy immediately. In his other three scenarios (in order of best case) - renal cancer, sarcoma, adrenal cancer (this one sounds like bad news), operating would be the immediate course of action. Again, he is reviewing with his radiologist fella and should call me tomorrow. They might order an MRI or maybe a needle biopsy. I also asked if I have the right Oncologist.....if I were his son.....I even showed him pictures of Lily and Luke....) He is going to review my case with Dr's Ted Logan and Noah Hahn of IU Cancer Center.
The adrenal blood work essentially sounded normal - testosterone was a touch low....I am almost 40....)
This is difficult information to consume, but to Dr. Bihrle's point, I have to keep a strong frame of mind and help my body to be as healthy as possible to accept treatment....I even got a 1/2 hug from Dr. B. Not sure if that is good or bad.
Thanks for you help!!!! I will take whatever you have.
I will beat it for my family.
Christian
No comments:
Post a Comment