Monday, January 9, 2017
DREAM
A couple months ago, I thought I had already settled on the one word that would guide my attitude and goals for the new year. I even began thinking about ideas to carry out some of these goals. Then came the holidays and the one-year anniversary of Christian's Heaven Day. Someone warned me that often times the second year of grief is harder, and I slowly have begun to realize that.
The first year in many ways was about surviving and simply getting through that first year. So I survived the first year, now what? The loss really began to sink in. Dreams that once were become shattered. Take for example the fact that Christian won't be a grandparent alongside me.
That makes me so sad for Luke and Lily and their future children.
So, back to my word. I decided that I needed to completely turn it around and do 180.
I need to DREAM!
I need to dream for myself and my children. I need to dream for my family and my community. If this second year is going to be rough, I need to be inspired to dream! I need to find purpose in each day. And I need to give myself grace to dream, and not feel guilt for desiring joy and happiness even if my person is no longer present to share that with me. I really miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment