Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I heart family & friends

I'm feelin' some love and awful blessed right now, so it's time to get a little mushy...
We attended the annual Snyder Christmas party on Saturday (Bob's side of the family).  You'll see a handsome man below holding up the prized ornaments he and Lily won in the ever-so-competitive cousin ornament exchange.  (I probably should have posted a pic of him much sooner after recovery so you could see he's pretty much the same old Christian, minus a few lbs.)
Back to the party...I was inspired to give some "shout outs" to some family and friends who've helped these past weeks.  I simply cannot thank them enough in person, and while many thank you notes have been written, I kinda want to say THANK YOU in a more public way.  I'd sky write it if I could!
I heart...

My sister who has spoiled me for going on two weeks!  Since she flew in from NC, her morning routine has been helping with the kiddos, making Christian a yogurt smoothie, some grocery shopping and healthy meal planning (all while in her second trimester of pregnancy)!

My sis in law who made these amazing necklaces and bracelets for the entire family to support her big bro! We remain SnyderStrong!



My other sister in law who is "fo sho" doing her best high kicking while performing with the Rockettes in Nashville!


My mother-in-law for her awesome listening skills and support at all our doctor appointments, including today's trip to University of Michigan!  And she made Christian enough organic chicken noodle soup to last a couple good months, not to mention organic chocolate chip cookies!

My dad for really being my "go to" person, who still seems to think he's not doing enough even though he's the first I call for a favor.  He and Luke have spent a lot of time together these days and are good "buds".

My mom for always begging to watch the kids and who would be begging to help more if she weren't working full time. 

My dad in law for his confidence and help filling in as a handyman around the house. 

Third cousins who genuinely care for and love on my kids.  It warms my heart! (not all pictured =))

A friend who calls every other day to check in.

A friend who stopped by the church parking lot at the off chance I'd be there just to say hi.

An aunt who sent a letter of encouragement that was so heartfelt and probably the best letter a person could receive.

A friend who flew in from Florida to hang with Christian.  Oh, and he's terrified of flying.

A friend who had lunch with Christian every day when he was in the hospital.

Two friends who offered to help with Christmas decorations (even offered to hang outdoor lights)!

Two friends who offered to help with any Christmas shopping.

Two millitary friends who've given Christian loads of advice and endless pep talks.

Brothers in law for their support and prayers.

Great grandpa for his wisdom.

Christian's colleagues for helping me recognize my husband's superstar status.  He's such a popular guy!

My colleagues for amazing support at work.

Friends who've offered such specific ways to help out, from making a meal to watching the kids, to taking kids to and from school, to just about anything.

Food, glorious food!  Meals brought over by friends have been so helpful!

My cousin and his lovely wife, and dear friends, who watched and loved on our kids while we were at the hospital.
The fan club of 17 who kept me company in the waiting room, many of which stayed throughout the 6+ hour surgery.
Prayer, prayer, and more prayers offered. Friends who've initiated group prayers.

My kids for their obedience and extra hugs in difficult times.  They just seem to get it.

A friend who specifically prayed for my kids obedience.
Freddie, our "Elf on the Shelf" who has helped keep the kids in line.

My hubby for his strength, for going outside his comfort zone by accepting help, for trying the spinach berry smoothie I experimented with, for his love of his family!

God, for loving us so much that He made the ultimate sacrifice.
We love you all!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  -John 3:16


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of this, Keri! We're thinking about you guys down here. Wish we were closer! Jill

    ReplyDelete