It's
hard to believe that an entire year has passed. One year ago today, I
was sitting next to my husband, one fist gripped tightly around the arm
rest of the chair, the other wrapped around a cross given to me.
One
year ago, I listened in shock as a doctor used the "c" word and said
our lives were never going to be the same. I didn't want to look at the
x-rays he was about to show us. Nor did I want to even hear words like
"prognosis" and "treatable" and so many medical terms that would become
all too familiar.
Fast forward to present day, and I'd agree with the doctor. Life indeed is not the same. In good ways, and some not so good.
I regret it often takes something life-changing to put life into perspective.
I find myself going down the road of "what ifs"...
What if we had caught this
sooner, would it not have spread?
What if we had caught this sooner, would there be a Lily or a Luke?
What if we didn't catch this when we did...
It's easy to get caught up in all the "what
ifs", but instead, I choose to trust His timing.
When
I find myself worrying, I try my best to give up control. I take that
worry to the cross, turn around, and leave it there...because Jesus
already paid the ultimate price and will take on that burden so that I
don't have to.
I'm
so grateful that Jesus gave me a new life long ago when I let him into
my heart. And I'm grateful that I can draw strength from Him during
trials in life.
The past year was a year of uncertainty, but with that came a lot of praise, laughter, hope, some normalcy, and joy.
So
what does the rest of this year hold? Christian is back to a 3 week
cycle of chemo drugs for the time being. He receives one drug the first
week, two the second, then has a week off. He seems to be doing okay so
far, however did get a bit of a fever a couple days after his last
treatment. We're not sure if it's a result of the chemo, or the cold he
already had (which we hope, and turns out Luke had the same thing).
We
continue to pray that these treatments have minimal side effects, but
Christian remains Snyderstrong and can handle these if that's what it
takes to get the job done for the long-term. We want to start seeing
some real progress in upcoming scans!
Love to you all,
Keri
Continuing our prayers to Christian and your family.
ReplyDelete