Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Prayer request for Wednesday, 10 am

Hello family and friends! 

I feel bad for not having kept in touch with many of you via this blog, but it's been for a good reason...we have been living life to its fullest!  It was a really great summer!  I'll provide evidence from pics at a later time, but for now, let me attempt to catch you up to speed on Christian's health.  (And, if you're seeing this blog for the first time, you may want to see previous entries to catch up with the crazy year it's been for us).

After completion of 4 months of the phase 3 clinical trial (Doxorubicin + TH302), Christian has been able to continue on the trial drug only (TH302) as he continues to show benefit - i.e. no real disease progression.  It has been about another 4 months on the trial drug only as he just finished up cycle 12 (a cycle is 21 days with drug on day 1 and day 8).  Cycle 13 starts on Oct. 2 pending good results from the CT he has tomorrow.  The benefit of the trial drug, is that it only "switches on" where there are areas of hypoxia (low oxygen), which is often the case with solid tumors due to their erratic vascular development.  Typical chemo drugs attack all rapidly dividing cells, which is why hair can fall out.  With this drug, he is completely normal, inclusive of hair!, bloodwork, etc.

As mentioned, Christian has at CT on Wednesday at 10 AM, so PLEASE PRAY for good results!  Specifically, pray that the nodules (roughly 15 per lung, about 5 pea sized and 10 maybe 2mm) in his lungs are shrinking in size or that the cancer cells are experiencing necrosis (dying in other words).  Pray that there are no signs of re-occurrence in the original spot of the 17 cm mass.  Pray his body continues to accept the treatment well, and with little side effects (more important, damage to anything).  Pray for me for wisdom in helping him in areas I have control over (nutrition, and as Christian calls it, "witch doctor stuff").  We will meet with the doctor again on Oct. 2 to review the tests and next "kickin' cancer's butt" steps!

While this past year has been the toughest year of our lives so far, there is still much to praise and many prayers answered!  Christian is doing remarkable! Better than remarkable....incredible!  Now, he did experience some side-effects early on with the Doxorubicin, but those were fairly manageable.  Sure, he's a tad bit more tired than he used to be.  Honestly, the only side effect he's dealing with right now is having a hard time falling asleep on the Wednesday's he's received treatment, because of the steroid that goes along with it.  Not bad, not bad at all.


I wanted to get this blog out right away and ask for prayer for the scan.  But, I also wanted you to see for yourself below that in the midst of the trials we suffer, there is still much happiness, laughter, hope, faith, and love. 


Talk about praise!  Thank you to all our prayer warriors out there!  God is faithful!


Until next time,
Keri



"I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth."
-Jeremiah 33:6

"I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you.
-2 Kings 20:5

No comments:

Post a Comment